View Single Post
Old 26.05.2020, 20:55

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
rezak is considered knowledgeablerezak is considered knowledgeablerezak is considered knowledgeable
Re: Applying for permit on the same day I am starting my job

Quote:
View Post
Hi Rezak - HR at my new firm (thing large Swiss conglomerate) informed me that border re-opens on the 8th of June. I will ask them tomorrow about the permit (they didn't seem concerned) and will come back on the forum when I have an answer
Thanks! A friend of mine is a similar situation (but without real HR support), so I'd be very grateful if you can tell me how they are planning to pull this through.

Quote:
View Post
https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home...weigerung.html
Corona: Questions and answers on entry and stay in Switzerland, the exceptions and suspension of visas
Last modification 15.05.2020

Please bear in mind that English translations are provided by the Swiss authorities as a courtesy only, and the legally binding texts are those in our national languages, to which you can switch at to top right-hand corner.

Welcome!
That's the same URL I linked, and it indeed says:
I plan to work for more than three months in Switzerland. Can I apply for a residence permit?
In principle, persons will only be allowed to enter Switzerland in order to work if there is an overriding public interest in them doing so in terms of the COVID-19 Ordinance 2.

The exceptions are for "public interest" jobs and for requests filed before 25 March. Maybe OP falls into one of these two?
This user would like to thank rezak for this useful post: