View Single Post
Old 27.05.2020, 15:28

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
ninasayson is considered knowledgeableninasayson is considered knowledgeableninasayson is considered knowledgeable
Non-EU - Holding Another EU Residence Permit + Swiss B Permit?

Hi All!

Just wanted to throw this question here before we go consult with an immigration lawyer. Y'all might come up with good answers/advice

My husband and I (both Non-EU) are currently living here in Dublin, Ireland. I've been accepted for a paid PhD there, so legally, my husband and I will be able to get a B permit.

My husband is currently working for a big tech company here in Ireland (their privacy regulations mean I'm not publicly allowed to say which one). Anyway, due to COVID, the company will be allowing its workers to choose between returning to the office end of this year or working remotely. As my husband's work is "critical work", they will still provide for his Irish residence permit/work permit regardless of which one he might choose.

Now my question is: would anyone have experience with Non-EU holding two residence permits? Would obtaining the Swiss B permit technically cancel his Irish permit or vice versa? As far as I know with Irish regulations, as long as he is not outside of Ireland for 6 months consecutively, he is able to renew his permit. What are the regulations in Switzerland?

Thanks a mil in advance!