View Single Post
Old 27.05.2020, 20:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 217 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 7,421 Times in 3,283 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-EU - Holding Another EU Residence Permit + Swiss B Permit?

Quote:
View Post
Hi All!

Just wanted to throw this question here before we go consult with an immigration lawyer. Y'all might come up with good answers/advice

My husband and I (both Non-EU) are currently living here in Dublin, Ireland. I've been accepted for a paid PhD there, so legally, my husband and I will be able to get a B permit.

My husband is currently working for a big tech company here in Ireland (their privacy regulations mean I'm not publicly allowed to say which one). Anyway, due to COVID, the company will be allowing its workers to choose between returning to the office end of this year or working remotely. As my husband's work is "critical work", they will still provide for his Irish residence permit/work permit regardless of which one he might choose.

Now my question is: would anyone have experience with Non-EU holding two residence permits? Would obtaining the Swiss B permit technically cancel his Irish permit or vice versa? As far as I know with Irish regulations, as long as he is not outside of Ireland for 6 months consecutively, he is able to renew his permit. What are the regulations in Switzerland?

Thanks a mil in advance!
This question has come up a few times on the Irish boards and there were two show stoppers:
- Many companies in Ireland require you to working within the jurisdiction, otherwise they could not enforce the privacy requirements etc...
- The permit applications are registered on the SIS, meaning that the country will know about such dual applications.
The following 2 users would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post: