View Single Post
Old 29.05.2020, 14:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 236 Times in 207 Posts
Thanked 19,977 Times in 8,116 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ugh...rude shop owners. Don't they need business right now?

Here's what happened from the shop-owner's perspective. (Or so I imagine).

I was minding my shop, when a car parked in the metred zone in front. A woman got out and headed to the metre, but she'd left the motor running in her car. I went over her as she fiddled for change, and said to her "Excuse me madam, you've left your engine running, it's not a good idea to do that". She glared at me, then, having realised she didn't have the right coins, went back to her car and switched the engine off. I went back into my shop.

She came in a few seconds later and demanded that I give her the right change for the meter. Given her attitude I didn't feel like be helpful and refused. A few minutes later my mate Dave came in and persuade me to give her the change, so I relented. She then posted a bat-poo crazy "review" on thebusinessreviewsite.ch.

There's some weird people out there.