View Single Post
Old 29.05.2020, 23:35
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
mhb has no particular reputation at present
Re: Delay between submission of resident permit after arrival and receiving it

Quote:
View Post
Firstly, it should have been pre-authorised by your employer, so they can check that it's approved and get a confirmation, so you can work.
Yes, initially the canton approved in Feb 2020 and informed the university about that, then SEM issued an Authorisation Letter. With this letter, I could get my type D Visa from Germany. (I have a valid EU resident permit, so I choose to pick my visa up from the Swiss Embassy in Germany.)

Quote:
Secondly, you can go to the local town hall and ask them how you can get a document to confirm your status, whilst waiting for your actual 'card' or 'paper' visa. I am sure they can help you.
They sent me a Stablishment Certificate which indicates that I submitted successfully for a resident permit. But HR didn't accept it and says we need confirmation from related cantonal authorities.

Quote:
I have no idea why your employer thinks you need the actual permit/visa document to begin work, as they should already have got permission to employ you and have documents to support that...
I am thinking the same, I complained about this in recent days, because for every tiny thing, a signed contract is required. I am/was in a big trouble to find accommodation. Finally, I could find a place but by paying the costs for the whole period I want to stay!!

Quote:
I assume by 'third country' you mean Non-EU/Non-UK and you therefore got a D visa for arrival for work purposes, from the Swiss consulate general in your home country, before you arrived ?
Yes, exactly.