View Single Post
Old 30.05.2020, 12:29
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
mhb has no particular reputation at present
Re: Delay between submission of resident permit after arrival and receiving it

Quote:
View Post
There is absolutely no way this question can be answered.

The authorities have been in lockdown for some weeks and they have just now begun processing the backlog of documents.

If your employer is hesitant about you working until you have the permit, then they must know something that you donít know. It sounds unusual to me, but I suspect they know what they are doing.

Once youíve been photographed, fingerprinted and had your signature recorded digitally it took less than a week for the permit to arrive via post. But Iím sure they are backlogged as well. They also do this for Swiss Passports and ID cards.
Quote:
View Post
You don't. Your employer is wrong. If they won't take your word for it, ask them to call your gemeinde, or the authority that granted your entry & D visa.
OK, I explained this to them 2 days ago; but no luck. Of course, they are in hurry and covid19 made it even worse, but it seems HR afraid of violating the laws and putting the company in a bad situation; so they are keeping tight on my case. This is what I heard from my boss.
Next week they are going to call the Cantonal Office of foreigners and employment. Yesterday they were not reachable. I hope it works. Personally I decided to go to the commune and explain the situation to them.

Thank you for your help and advice.