View Single Post
Old 03.06.2020, 13:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 276 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 17,708 Times in 7,474 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]

Quote:
View Post
Hi guys,

Have any of you tried either a) not paying Serafe or b) filling the application to opt out?

So far, I haven't paid a single bill from Serafe (last year I meant to do it, but I forgot).

Today I have received a bill for more than 800 CHF: more than 300 CHF for this year, and more than 400 CHF from last year (apparently 12 + 3 months).

As all of you, it really pisses me off to pay this humongous amount of money for something I don't use at all: I watch zero Swiss TV. Moreover, I live alone.

I was thinking about not paying the bills - do debts expire at some point in Switzerland?

Is applying for opting out a best option? In case of registry, I have not WiFi at home, and the little connectivity I do is through my company's mobile phone, plus my Internet connection in my mobile.

I know the law-observing person would pay with his eyes closed. I am asking if anyone tried a backdoor to try avoid paying this rip off.

Thanks.
In the past, I think it was possible to avoid paying if you had no TV/radio. Someone mentioned to me the rules have changed and you have to pay.

I would encourage you not to pay. We need a martyr to go to prison, go on hunger strike and die to raise awareness of this injustice!