View Single Post
Old 04.06.2020, 17:22
Forum Legend

Groaned at 37 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,612 Times in 2,012 Posts
McTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
...is what the Blues Brothers should have been singing! I was reminded, and I accepted it, that one needs to be cautious when mentioning someone else on this forum, because Switzerland is such a small country that, whatever one might believe, connections can potentially be made.

So, I decided to retell my story in a far more acceptable way for Switzerland:

"I once met this girl (or perhaps it was a man?) who was coming from a village that in fact was the suburb of a big, anonymous city. She (or he?) had beautiful, colourless hair and her eyes were, well, just her/his eyes.
We shared the same passion, which could have be anybody's passion, and we enjoyed walking, respecting social distancing, which means we could have never been holding hands (but we may have touched elbows).
When, in some vague past period of time, I visited her, which was quite some distance from where I live, we talked in a few of the many languages that we share and decided to use the same one to declare our love to each other (but do rest assured, there might have been a bit of anger in there, too!).

So, here I am, unable to describe my feelings but one thing is absolutely certain...I cannot keep sulking from EF for very long!"

Lost Inbroad, are you single????

A return visit took place at some stage this year, here in Canton X. and it was all fabulous until we went to a certain restaurant where we bumped into a certain person with a certain aversion for anything that might upset anything alive and there was a certain scene worthy of an old movie, slightly embarrassing, but I came out of it alive and with all my dignity. And, quite frankly, I was not going to let it spoil the evening because I feel SO happy. Hopefully, this did not give out too many clues!
The following 2 users would like to thank McTAVGE for this useful post: