View Single Post
Old 04.06.2020, 23:46

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
eireann has made some interesting contributions
Re: Offered Freelance on Chomage

I would declare it as gain intermediare if it is only temporary. When i was on chomage I had a 50% position that I was gradually able to increase until I was earning enough to leave the chomage.

With the chomage you have a 2-year period during which you can receive payment, but only for a certain number of days - works out about 18 months. Every day the chomage pays you is deducted from your allocation. However, if you work and declare it as gain intermediaire then those days are not deducted from your allocated days, so you extend the length of time that you can receive payments in the sense that instead of your chomage payments ending after 18 months, they will end at 21 months (the number of allocated days doesn't change). However, the limit for payment at the current rate remains 24 months. After 2 years on chomage then you would need to have worked 1 year to get chomage again and they would recalculate based on your earnings for the last 6-12 months.

There is no minimum or max for gain intermediaire as far as I know - but there are more knowledgeable folk than me here!
No experience of payroll, but am assuming for their business it makes sense to have a minimum salary requirement.
This user would like to thank eireann for this useful post: