View Single Post
Old 05.06.2020, 01:16
Forum Legend

Groaned at 480 Times in 361 Posts
Thanked 12,369 Times in 6,420 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Boris Johnson for PM?

Quote:
View Post
I think its about civility.

In a place like the UK I'm sure people would be doing waht you describe and thus making the system unworkable, only to scream blue murder if one day the tables were turned and it would be their initiative being sabotaged.
No plaintiff no judge.

The problem with this case (article in German), where someone tasked with counting the ballot slips is suspected of fraud by intentionally miscounting, isnt' that it happened but that it's said to be just the tip of the iceberg.

Cases such as these, including one where a federal council was caught in the act and his carreer destroyed, speaks for themselves. You probably know about Christoph Blocher's fraudulent voting (a single kown incident) already.

However, these acts aren't all that likely to have broader consequences as they all required physical presence, even Blocher's fraud did. That's no longer the case with electronic voting, where (in an extreme case) a single individual may be able to turn a vote or election upside down, and if done clever nobody may ever notice. With votes like the one on buying military airplanes for $30 billions, cases with undisputable incentives for foreign entities exist, and don't anybody tell me that the federal and Cantonal governments are even remotely as capable at protecting their data and systems as the endless list of companies (including banks, insurances and IT companies) which saw crucial data stolen.

Last edited by Urs Max; 05.06.2020 at 01:28.