View Single Post
Old 05.06.2020, 09:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,698 Times in 8,040 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everybody knows somebody...

Quote:
View Post
Exactly the scene I had in mind! Well done!

I chose a restaurant where I had never been before on a night where I knew Other did not normally go out... plus, as I am not the one who ended the relationship, I did not feel I had to hide and live in shame for the rest of my life. So yes, I did try to avoid a slightly uncomfortable situation by sparing someone's feelings if they saw me with someone else, but, as I keep being reminded, Switzerland is no bigger than a shoebox!
Awww, you're nice, thanks, but that was an easy one - everyone thinks of a scene or another from Casablanca at one point or another in their life.

As for the rest of your post, McTavge, please don't feel like you have to justify yourself to me or anyone else here. I realised I sounded a tad judgemental. Apologises.

I guess Switzerland is a small place, but that was a coincidence. Don't let yourself disheartened by it. But as long as you'll hang out with the same crowd/visit the same places, these incidents are prone to happen.

And btw, I came to the conclusion that trying to spare anyone's feelings will get yours hurt.... Not worth it.

All righty, I'm stepping out now because I'd hate to derails this thread any further.
Good luck.
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: