View Single Post
Old 23.09.2008, 22:14
Forum Legend

Groaned at 180 Times in 140 Posts
Thanked 6,023 Times in 3,317 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australia vs Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hi everyone,

I have been in Zurich for 2.5 months now waiting to see if my company would accept a transfer or if I could get on an IT project here in Europe. It's looking like I won't be able to get on a project, so I will probably head back home to Australia , since my tourist visa will run out soon.

I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to give Australia a go. He is umm'ing and arrh'ing. And I think I need just a bit more pros to tip the decision.

Can you guys help me remember what are some of the good stuff about Australia (Sydney and Melbourne) vs living in Switzerland? I can think of:

1. Weather (it's around 20+ degrees celcius in Sydney and Melbourne already!)
2. Lots of yummy and cheap Asian food.
3. Cheaper to dine out
4. Shops are open on Sundays! And grocery shops are open for longer during the day.

...for the life of me I can't think of anything else, perhaps because I was getting so used to living here in Switzerland?!

He is a soccer fan so he will not be able to watch all his soccer games with the time difference (and with daylight savings coming up on Oct 5, it will be 10 hours difference!)

Please help me convince!
have your own home make noise ,drink XXX all night