View Single Post
Old 08.06.2020, 16:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 240 Times in 203 Posts
Thanked 23,248 Times in 9,883 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serafe payment

Quote:
Don't have to stream the same signal in the whole country. And they could distribute several language/sub signals along.

And as for 4 languages, maybe Romanisch people should accept that 60K people is simply not sustainable anymore to be provided in their own language.
I think sympathy for the Rumantsch community and language strectches far beyond the people strictly part of it. This is why the Pro-Billag side in the recent vote continuously brought up Rumantsch as an example of what was at stake if Billag were to be abolished.

News and information in minority languages, especially Rumantsch but also Italian, is necessary for national cohesion in such a culturally and linguistically diversified country as Switzerland. If you shut down, say, Swiss broadcasting in Ticino, people will get their news from Italian TV which of course doesn't cover Swiss news. As a next step democracy is in crisis as people are expected to vote on topics they don't know enough about.

What I think is more important is that state TV must be obliged to absolue political neutrality, which they clearly are not always. Also, I think they should be finanaced through general tax revenue rather than having a parallel and ineffcinet collection system which only achieves the result that it p*sses people off. Thirdly, they should pull out of the entertainment side and leave that to the private channels.
The following 6 users would like to thank amogles for this useful post: