View Single Post
Old 16.06.2020, 06:12
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 39 Times in 24 Posts
KiwiSteve has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiSteve has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiSteve has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiSteve has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What kind of vegetable plants grow in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Slightly different question : Iíve always been used to keeping vegetables in relatively full sun growing up in the US. Iíve had bad luck here on our balcony because itís baking hot all afternoon, from 1pm onward at least and all in concrete. However if all goes well we will soon be buying a house and there is an area in the front that only gets morning sun til about noon but would be a great spot to put in some raised beds. Would this be enough sun? I have the feeling it wouldnít be but my vegetable growing experience, though spanning a little over a decade and many different types of veg, is sadly quite limited to my knowledge of my home climate ...
The most successful vegetable patch we ever have had here only got morning sun. Raised beds are great protection against slugs and the inorganic "organic!" slugbait (iron phosphate) also works really well
The following 2 users would like to thank KiwiSteve for this useful post: