View Single Post
Old 17.06.2020, 01:41
Forum Legend

Groaned at 88 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 11,884 Times in 4,829 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The racial time bomb-USA

Quote:
View Post
Never have had a cop in the US point a machine gun at me.

Switzerland and Italy, many times. France too.

Tom
That's interesting. And very surprising, to me. Not that no cop ever pointed a gun at you in the US. But that you've experience that in Switzerland, Italy and France, and many times.

What were the circumstances? Do you know why it happened? And do you think you were, potentially, in mortal danger?

I've only ever experienced police guns pointing at me outside of Europe.

Once was a police search at a roadblock, where they were working intensively to round up people critical of the government, and someone in our group seemed nervous or suspicious, and then suddenly the police guns were pointing. That was very scary because we knew that the person did, indeed, fulfil the search criteria, but was not taken, after all, and we could leave, very shaken. Had to get off the highway and off the motorbikes at the next possible opportunity, when we all discovered that our legs had turned to jelly.

The other was many years later, in a completely different but very dodgy place, so much so that, at the time, we weren't sure whether those pointing the several guns at us, and dressed in uniforms, were really police or not. We were terrified, and hugely outnumbered. But after looking at our papers and inside the car, they let us proceed unharmed, and wished us a safe journey. Later, we found out that there'd recently been a murder and so the police were checking everyone, looking for suspects.

In both cases, we were not afraid of being shot and wounded or killed, but of being forcefully taken away, to an uncertain future.