View Single Post
Old 17.06.2020, 19:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 37 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,830 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The racial time bomb-USA

Quote:
View Post
Perhaps the problem lies with the shootee's criminal record and behavioral issues. The system was lenient enough by letting him out early. The following charges were from 2013:
Criminal interference of government property
Obstructing of LEO
Theft by recovery stolen property
Cruelty to children
Fales Imprisonment
Family violence
Battery
Simple battery

He received 7 years but got released in 2014.

Source: DOC (Georgia)
If you're talking about the Atlanta incident, the whole interaction lasted 40+ minutes. The drunk guy was cooperating (compliant), then the police officers became complacent. When they wanted to handcuff him, he took them by surprise, got a taser from one of them triggering their panic reaction (shooting him). If the 2 police officers had made the detainee had his feet apart, hands to head, make him knee, or face to ground for handcuffing.....the outcome may be have been different.

But, too soon to judge. This question will be made during a trial and competent people will give their opinion: police academy instructors.

PS: the one time I got arrested, I was pushed to a car (no escape route), feet apart (no balance), hands on head (longer reaction time). One police officer put the handcuffs while the other pushed me against the car. Beautiful team job to arrest a troublesome drunk.