View Single Post
Old 19.06.2020, 11:26
Forum Legend

Groaned at 72 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 3,919 Times in 2,108 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Roadster 2020

The "OG" roadster had a lot of problems and in many ways served as a "learning project" for Tesla.

I would seriously discourage anyone from getting one these days, because Tesla has mostly abandoned them.
E.g. you can only get service-appointments via an app now, but AFAIK there is no app for the roadster...

The 2020 Roadster (though I wouldn't expect delivery well into 2021 or even 2022) is a peculiar project because I don't expect it to sell very well ("Founders' edition is still available, AFAIK).

The people who usually buy these kinds of cars (upwards 170k) have different requirements for their cars.
If you spend 250 grand on a car, you expect perfection. In every aspect of the car.

Tesla isn't really know for perfection in anything.

Efficiency, range, innovation - yes. But perfection? That just ain't in their DNA, I'm afraid.
It also remains to be seen how road-legal things like the SpaceX package would be in Europe (educated guess in the community is currently: hell, no!).

(The "SpaceX package" is apparently one or more thrusters who eject highly compressed cold air to help with accelerating the car 0-60 in less than two seconds. The exact details of how this is going to work are not yet known - but it's a funny item to speculate about)
This user would like to thank rainer_d for this useful post: