View Single Post
Old 19.06.2020, 16:49
Creative Creative is offline
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Creative has no particular reputation at present
Part time job as a non-EU Student

Hi there,

I have received an offer from a multinational company for a 40% position. I am a Master student in Switzerland for over 6 months and hold a B-Permit. It seems that I can work for 15 hours a week according to Art. 38 ASEO.

I am currently studying in Switzerland. Do I have the right to work in parallel with my studies?

Yes. If you are living in Switzerland to train or study at a university or university of applied sciences, the competent cantonal authorities may approve a supplementary activity in accordance with Art. 38 ASEO, subject to a number of conditions. Beginning no sooner than six months after the start of their course, foreign students may work for a maximum of 15 hours a week outside of the holidays. However, the university authorities must confirm that the student's work is compatible with their studies and will not delay their completion. In addition, an application must be submitted by the employer, and the employment must comply with the applicable regulations on pay and working conditions.
Does anyone have experience in working part time while studying and using this specific regulation? The company said that I must apply for a work permit myself, but it seems that I can already work? What are the next steps that I have to take and which authorities do I have to contact? Or what should I tell the company's HR department?