View Single Post
Old 19.06.2020, 22:22
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 89 Times in 85 Posts
Thanked 19,472 Times in 8,609 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Part time job as a non-EU Student

Quote:
View Post
Hi there,

I have received an offer from a multinational company for a 40% position. I am a Master student in Switzerland for over 6 months and hold a B-Permit. It seems that I can work for 15 hours a week according to Art. 38 ASEO.

Does anyone have experience in working part time while studying and using this specific regulation? The company said that I must apply for a work permit myself, but it seems that I can already work? What are the next steps that I have to take and which authorities do I have to contact? Or what should I tell the company's HR department?
Welcome to the Forum. It would seem, based on the quote you posted, that the employer needs to submit an application to the cantonal authorities, not you. And the university needs to confirm the job won't interfere with your studies. Perhaps show Art. 38 to your employer?