View Single Post
Old 20.06.2020, 07:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 655 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,379 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Roadster 2020

I was never a fan of electric vehicles up until I've actually driven one. Last year, Renault had this deal, where you could drive a Zoe for 24h and I thought, why not, try it out. I loved it!
It basically covers all the needs for daily, urban usage. EV are also very conducive with my style of driving, I tend to not apply my breaks as much as others and let the vehicle roll out. This works perfectly with EV, seeing as the regenerative brake force charges the battery. . .

One major personal gripe: The ominous humming, when the car is going slower than 30km/h, which in Europe is mandatory. Forcing many manufacturers to refit their vehicles with speakers.

Overall gripe: The scarce saturation of charging stations and the duration of charging the battery. You cannot go on a prolonged trip and then expect to stand around for hours in order to get another 300km range. Certainly, this technology will improve over time but it's a matter of comfort. You cannot just drive up to a gas station, refill and get on your merry way.

Then there is the price factor. Gas is still too cheap. As long as a bottle of Evian water exceeds the price of oil (which has to be refined, shipped and then distributed) we'll still be seeing ICE cars for quite a while. Maybe my train of thought is too simplistic and incorrect, but that's how many gearheads tend to think. This being said, I have yet to drive a Tesla though.