View Single Post
Old 20.06.2020, 09:26
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 82 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 1,777 Times in 848 Posts
BasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Roadster 2020

Quote:
View Post
You cannot go on a prolonged trip and then expect to stand around for hours in order to get another 300km range. Certainly, this technology will improve over time but it's a matter of comfort.
I would not be too sure about this.

We are used to technology related stuff constantly improving, but a lot of this is just code and more of the same hardware.

Once you run into actual physics problems like wavelength of light, Lithium having only 1 electron to play with, quantum physics etc, improvements are very hard to come by.

I mean, with all our tech and all the improvements over the last decades, we still do not have a working time machine.

I dont think you can assume mayor battery improvements to the point where an EV is as quick to recharge as filling up at the gas station. It might be akin to the time machine analogy... or not, I dont know... just saying.