View Single Post
Old 20.06.2020, 11:20
Forum Legend

Groaned at 281 Times in 187 Posts
Thanked 18,463 Times in 7,746 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Roadster 2020

Quote:
View Post
I would not be too sure about this.

We are used to technology related stuff constantly improving, but a lot of this is just code and more of the same hardware.

Once you run into actual physics problems like wavelength of light, Lithium having only 1 electron to play with, quantum physics etc, improvements are very hard to come by.

I mean, with all our tech and all the improvements over the last decades, we still do not have a working time machine.

I dont think you can assume mayor battery improvements to the point where an EV is as quick to recharge as filling up at the gas station. It might be akin to the time machine analogy... or not, I dont know... just saying.
Everything can be worked around. It is within current technology to pull up and have the whole battery swapped out giving an instant charge. It probably ties in to the ongoing trend where you don't own anything but instead lease everything and have to pay perpetually.