View Single Post
Old 21.06.2020, 18:47
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Iron Man has no particular reputation at present
Did you experience any of those problems long term?

Dear Englishforum,

I used to live in Zurich for 1.5 years some time ago and now considering returning there, may be even forever.

I have some concerns, and among them there are some health related.
Over the course of our first time living in Switzerland me and my wife started experiencing the following problems:
1) My wife started having frequent headaches. She says she never had such strong headaches before. We assume this is because of frequent weather change.
2) During the second year of our stay I started suffering from various strange allergies that I have never had before. Like once I had a horse ride, and after that was sneezing and crying the whole evening. Or I've got new office chairs both at home and at work and felt sick because of plastic on their armrests.
3) My wife's memory became much worse. At first I attributed that to having a baby recently. What is funny by the end of my stay I noticed that my memory got significantly worse as well.
4) I consider myself pretty sporty and I really like walking. But by the end of our stay I started feeling somewhat quickly tired during my walks. My wife says she experienced the same. Though we did not have a car at that time and lived on a hill.
5) I started having some strange cracks on my tongue.

All those problems seem to have vanished after we left. And they never were too serious, though pretty annoying. Since we lived there only for a relatively short period of time I wonder if anybody on this forum experienced any of those problems. If you did, did it go away? Or do they stay long term? If so, do they get worse?
I'm especially worried about headaches and allergies.

Thank you!