View Single Post
Old 21.06.2020, 19:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 39 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 6,369 Times in 2,929 Posts
swisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did you experience any of those problems long term?

There is no doubt the allergy season is much worse here in central europe than in other places in the world.

The headaches could be from local pollution (the air quality is amazingly much better since the coronavirus lockdown across the whole of Europe, probably the whole world, but I am sure it will go back to previous levels in another 6-12 months).

We had terrible skin fungal problems in the first 1-2 years of arriving in Switzerland. We needed to learn how to adapt to the different climate - different skin products for bathing and showering, and ensuring our skin was very dry before dressing etc.

The headaches could also be from the different humidity and forgetting to drink enough water.

It could be overall poorer health from lack of vitamin D - no enough sunlight/UV on the skin - being indoors or fully dressed for most of th eyear - not enough beach and sunshine.

I'm from Australia and I normally would burn in 5-10 minutes in direct sunshine in Sydney. In Zurich, I worked the past 10 years in childcare, including many hours outside, and although we always put sunscreen on the kids (required) - I gave up wearing sunscreen myself because I almost never burn, and I have confirmed Vitamin D deficiency...

I also suffer from low iron - combination of health problems and environmental factors. The tiredness you are describing could be from simple fatigue, vitamin deficiency, iron deficiency, or perhaps from what you described, the impact of having small children!

Which reminds me, I need to prep all the test products for my daughter, who is having a full barrage of allergy tests tomorrow...
The following 2 users would like to thank swisspea for this useful post: