View Single Post
Old 22.06.2020, 08:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 349 Times in 285 Posts
Thanked 16,175 Times in 8,227 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is the Mohrenkopf a racist piece of candy?

Quote:
It’s clear to me that many have already decided and won’t be told otherwise.

C’est la vie. Fortunately the majority of people in real life seem to be cool with not intentionally being hurtful and are polite and accepting when it is explained to them why words like “coloured” are painful to hear.

It seems a lot of the people on here who are unwilling to embrace change are a bit older, which is normal and as far as I’m led to believe, exclusively white as you mention above. I guess that’s just the kind of place this is.
Can only imagine the shock and horror of some people here getting a tad-too-cool a tan after a few hot summer months spent doing stuff outdoors!
Suddenly they become "people of colour"...no?
Trust me, you get past the awkward redness eventually, even if you're the whitest of the whitest.... Just give it some time..

Btw, I usually don't describe people by their race/ethnicity only by nationality. If I need to. I couldn't care less. IF I have to use "black" I'll use black. Or "dark(er) skin". Meridional type. Never had any problems but then again I'm not into scanning people's DNA just by looking at them...

Last edited by greenmount; 22.06.2020 at 09:17. Reason: typos