View Single Post
Old 22.06.2020, 08:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,255 Times in 836 Posts
Thanked 19,873 Times in 7,663 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is the Mohrenkopf a racist piece of candy?

Quote:
EVERYBODY in the world is a mix of "races". Over 300,000 years, there have been a lot of opportunities to mix up the chromosomes, so to speak. And given that scientists pretty much universally agree that Homo sapiens arose in Africa -- as "black" people -- it's more than a little laughable that anybody would regard "white" people as the master race. (Not that you did, Tom, I'm just making the point.)
True (or at least scientifically accepted), but that was hundreds and hundreds and thousands of years ago and it's not a relevant argument to anyone in the current race debates. The 'master race' is, and always has been, the ones in the position of power to call themselves thus and it has changed throughout history. Greeks, Romans, Europeans... in the unforseeable future it may be different.

Quote:
It’s clear to me that many have already decided and won’t be told otherwise.

C’est la vie. Fortunately the majority of people in real life seem to be cool with not intentionally being hurtful and are polite and accepting when it is explained to them why words like “coloured” are painful to hear.

It seems a lot of the people on here who are unwilling to embrace change are a bit older, which is normal and as far as I’m led to believe, exclusively white as you mention above. I guess that’s just the kind of place this is.
Do you have a hidden violin that you carry with you and take out and play in real-life, just to add a bit of additional layer to your unnecessarily dramatic lamentations?
This user groans at Chuff for this post: