Thread: child custody
View Single Post
Old 22.06.2020, 13:35
Forum Legend

Groaned at 39 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 6,382 Times in 2,933 Posts
swisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: child custody

I would suggest that you try to gradually increase the time you can spend with your son - 4 days in 14 is not 50/50. It will be quite inconvenient for you - it will mean ensuring you have childcare and other systems in place when you need to work.

For the school related issue (lack of clothing) I would suggest on the one hand, ensuring he has adequate clothing and extra for when you are caring for him, and I would strongly tell the school to either address it directly with the child's mother, or to report it to child protection, as you do not have any power to change this situation right now. Did they address it with both parents or just to you ?

Certainly, you can be providing additional clothing for him - unless your ex does not allow your child to wear things from you at her house ?
The following 3 users would like to thank swisspea for this useful post: