Thread: child custody
View Single Post
Old 22.06.2020, 14:12

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Swish has no particular reputation at present
Re: child custody

Quote:
View Post
I would suggest that you try to gradually increase the time you can spend with your son - 4 days in 14 is not 50/50. It will be quite inconvenient for you - it will mean ensuring you have childcare and other systems in place when you need to work.

For the school related issue (lack of clothing) I would suggest on the one hand, ensuring he has adequate clothing and extra for when you are caring for him, and I would strongly tell the school to either address it directly with the child's mother, or to report it to child protection, as you do not have any power to change this situation right now. Did they address it with both parents or just to you ?

Certainly, you can be providing additional clothing for him - unless your ex does not allow your child to wear things from you at her house ?
Thanks.

They have not addressed the issue of his clothing with her as yet. I think it will happen this week.

To clarify I dont believe the Schools concern is when he is with me but rather than when he is with her. It cant be with me I Always make sure he is nicely turned out with clothes that fit him. In fact I told the School I am very embarrassed by how he is dressed when I have to pick him up from KG or Hort.

I even sent them on Friday the excerpt of my divorce filing from 4 years ago where I had expressed concern about it back then just so they are certain it is not something I am neglecting. Ive Always been complaining to the ex About it. She didnt Change.

So sole custody would not be valid here as yet then? Rahter try to get an increase in time with my son?