View Single Post
Old 22.06.2020, 14:44
amalianna amalianna is offline
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Luzern
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
amalianna has no particular reputation at present
Where to report Pillar 2 employer contributions for US taxes?

Hi folks,

Iíve been googling around trying to figure out how to deal with my Swiss pension for my US taxes. Iíve learned that my (employee) contributions to Pillar 2 are not deductible in US taxes and that I probably should report my employer contributions to Pillar 2 as unearned income. But Iím not sure where I should report the employer contributions (what form?) and if (and where?) I should report the growth in my pension fund. Iíve seen some suggestions to put these on form 8938, but Iím still well below the $200,000 reportable limit. Since even with the employer contributions Iíd still be below the foreign income exclusion, I thought it might be advantageous to report these now and thus build the tax basis for retirement deductions.

I am a duel citizen (US + Swiss) and qualify for the foreign income exclusion. Iím 37 years old and think thereís a good chance I might still be in Switzerland by retirement age. Iím also using the TurboTax free online edition, in case anyone knows that software specifically.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank amalianna for this useful post: