View Single Post
Old 23.06.2020, 13:15
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 33 Times in 23 Posts
nejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puff pastry sheets

Quote:
View Post
Just be careful that Betty has both organic (naturaplan) and non-organic versions, organic tastes much better.
I've only used for salty stuff though The pastry is somewhat on softer side (good for rolls for example) but not sure if it can get as straight as on the photo. I always fill it in with lots of stuff either inside or on top.
Good luck with your endeavour! Curious regarding the results

Yeah, I recognized that you have diferent "levels" of food. I found it really sad how far we come: if you want to eat "normal" food, one that comes from fields and out of stalls, you need to buy "premium" like "bio", "natura", "demeter", or whatever label they invent.

.....Roll the puff pastry down to 2mm (with pasta machine or by hand). Cut down into manageable sheets and leave to set in the freezer. Once the pastry has set, cut out pastry discs using a 12 cm round cutter you need at least 4 for each dessert with a few to spare in case of breakage.
Dust the discs heavily with icing sugar and bake between two silicon baking mats or trays (to keep them flat) 180C/12 minutes or till golden and crispy. Allow to cool and dust with some more icing sugar.

I hope that will do the trick to keep them flat

<div>
This user would like to thank nejc for this useful post: