View Single Post
Old 24.06.2020, 10:35
javimbk javimbk is offline
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Spain
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
javimbk has no particular reputation at present
Residence Permit for EU national with job contract

Hello EnglishForum,

first of all I just wanted to thank all of you for this great forum that has a lot of useful information. I have been a lurker for a while.

I have a question regarding my situation.

I have been offered a job contract in Zurich starting July 1st. I'm from Spain, and from what I got from one friend that works in HR in Zurich, he told me that I should come, and I have several days between starting my contract and registering for the residence permit.

I was a bit worried because I was having trouble finding a temporary accomodation, and I read that some workers in the Kreisburo sometimes think that an Airbnb for 1/2 months is not enough even if your contract is "unlimited" in time.

The thing is that I wrote to Zurich's Inmigration Office, and today I got this response:

U/Zeichen: ZH / zis
Guten Tag
Die Anmeldung hat vor dem 1. Juli zu erfolgen. Sie können sich auch mit der vorübergehenden Adresse anmelden.
Freundliche Grüsse
Sachbearbeitung Publikumsverkehr
Kanton Zürich
Sachbearbeitung Publikumsverkehr
Berninastrasse 45
8090 Zürich Telefon +41 43 259 88 00
From what I understand, seems like I need to register BEFORE starting work?

From all my friends experience (EU's in Zurich) this has never been the way. I'm flying on Sunday and I'm staying first on a hotel for the first few days until I can move to an Airbnb that I got for 2 months, so how am I supposed to go to the Kreisburo? What address would I give to them?

Can you help me figure stuff out?

Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote