View Single Post
Old 25.06.2020, 20:33

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bibab has no particular reputation at present
Re: Job prospects for foreign qualified lawyers

Quote:
View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Just an idea - if your partner is a Swiss national, wouldn't be more convenient to assign him/her some tasks re. researching your chances to get a job in the same field should you move here? After all, you'd be taking this decision to suit him/her.
Hah. Unfortunately she wouldn't be able to make much sense of what sort of jobs match up with my experience. She would send me a bunch of random jobs with lawyer put in them, but they will be tax law jobs. You almost need someone who has gone through the experience to tell their story.

Quote:
View Post
You will need a permit... everyone who is not Swiss themselves needs a permit. Difference is, you can get a permit based on him supporting you rather than based on your job.

Suggest you start sending applications to all the big international companies in Switzerland and see what comes up.
Thanks. Noted.

Quote:
View Post
Welcome to the forum.
You could probably work in compliance, but my friend who was a Really Good English Lawyer ended up going back as she couldn't do what she wanted to do here. She would have had to get another load of qualifications.
Well that is depressing. Having to work in compliance would be the end of me (and or the relationship).