View Single Post
Old 27.06.2020, 01:11
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
missieleo has no particular reputation at present
Quote:
View Post
When I bought my used cabrio, a red MX-5 first generation, many years ago, insurance premiums were indeed higher because the soft-top should be easier to open with a knife. An alarm was also required for that reason.

Not sure if it's still like that. I would go for a soft-top anyway as they look better and don't have a weird rear. WOrst example for that is the Mitsubishi Colt Cabrio (hold tissues ready when you do a google search because you'll likely have to cry when seeing it).
Googled it - urrgh ��
Thanks for the response!

Quote:
View Post
what post code in zurich do you live?

Quote:
View Post
Be sure to check the trunk bottom for rust. Especially were the spare tire may be kept. If its been out in the rain you might even find a filled bathtub.
�� very funny!

Quote:
Weather shouldn't be an issue. My wife's Audi TT roadster has been kept outside for most of the ten years she's had it, just occasionally cleaning any dirty deposits off the soft-top to avoid algae build-up is all we've really done. It gets properly washed very infrequently.

Security, probably not a problem either. I don't know either of the cars you mention, but the Audi's top isn't really soft, and I imagine those are similar, with a hard panel actually including within it. Then again, it's Zurich, so perhaps others have more experience with car crime levels there than I do.
Thank you! Thatís really good to know. After reading the comments here I think Iíll go for the cabrio. Street parking should be fine and as another poster said, insurance covers everything else.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 27.06.2020 at 13:40. Reason: merging consecutive replies