View Single Post
Old 29.06.2020, 11:18
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
NadyaOs has no particular reputation at present
Re: Swiss or Lufthansa approved pet carrier - personal experiences

Quote:
View Post
We have travelled. It was too small to expect the dog to be squished in the required size so we went with him in cargo. Wasn’t much fun for any of us - lots of tears, but it was a smooth as could be hoped for. Was really nothing stress wise Considering the fact the dog then went missing a day after we landed and thanks to a group of amazing perfect strangers pounding the streets with us in 45° heat, we got him back 48hrs and a lot of media coverage later!

Can only imagine how stressful it is to put him in the cargo, but glad he was found and everything ended well!

Quote:
View Post
Flown with a cat to Budapest several times.

No problem at all. We have a soft carrier. You can find the maximum dimensions on the Swiss website, but the folks in the pet shop can also tell you which airlines accept which type. But nobody actually ever checked the dimensions. They did check the weight of cat plus carrier though so that is something you need to think through if your pets are at the heavy end.

People at security were also great and took special care not to stress the cat.

How well the trip goes overall can depend on the cabin staff. Most are OK but some can be real barstewards, such as forcing us to put the carrier under the seat ages before the plane actually pushed back, and when the cat was obviously distressed and needed comforting.
Thanks a lot! That's what I was hoping to hear. We are okay with the weight, the cat+carrier weigh below 8 kg together, but it's our first time flying with him and I was worried that having one larger dimension than what they put on their website would be a problem.
The carrier is soft and probably can be squished a bit to put under the seat.

Anyway, I found it a bit weird that the carrier dimensions on Swiss/Lufthansa websites are identical to regular carry-on restrictions, since the carry-on size is defined by the size of the overhead compartment, and there is no way the little guy goes there