Thread: Rolling coal
View Single Post
Old 29.06.2020, 14:31
Forum Legend

Groaned at 40 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 4,611 Times in 2,127 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Rolling coal

Well, I got coal rolled on last Thursday on the A1 just after midnight, well....early Friday. For people not familiar with the term, this is coal rolling.

It was a nice evening, warm air, the stars so I had to drive with roof down. Just after crossing the Aare near Aarburg is a 3 lane highway and I was in the middle. Someone joins the highway in an Audi 4/6 avant, at relatively high speed, crosses into the middle lane and gets very close to my car. I just held the wheel, lifted the foot from the gas and was ready to profit from the cornering abilities of my car. The individual(s) on the other car apparently took offense of me not yielding to them, overtook me an slowed down to 80 km/h in front of my car, then activated whatever device they got on the Audi diesel engine to produce a large amount of smoke while accelerating very slowly.

I just laughed because cabrios deflect air over your head, so I breathed zero smoke, steered to the right and few seconds later they were left behind with their smoke. Went above the speed limit for a few, saw the Audi leaving the A1 for Basel, and that's it. Kids do stupid things, anyway it piqued my curiosity. Anyone else had been coal rolled? Is it a thing around here too?
This user groans at Axa for this post: