View Single Post
Old 29.06.2020, 15:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 177 Times in 148 Posts
Thanked 12,502 Times in 6,553 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Parking ticket (Zürich)

Quote:
View Post
Today Dan and I drove to Zürich to experience some VR fun (it was a lot of fun, btw). We parked in front of the business, but when we came out less than an hour later, there was a parking ticket under the wiper. Apparently the spot that I parked in didn't belong to the VR business, but to someone else. The signage in the lot was pretty poor, and I'd say that 80% of the parking spots were empty. The ticket is from a private firm (so not handed out by the city). An employee from the VR business was outside when we found the ticket and seemed incredibly apologetic.

Ok, so the question is: what happens if we don't pay this ticket?
Was there a judicial sign, that you're not allowed to park? Gerichtliches (Park-)Verbot gemäss Art. 258 Abs. 1 Zivilprozessordnung (ZPO)

What you got is a demand for "Umriebsentschädigung". Legal between 30-50 Franks. BUT, this is not a fine. If they do have a judicial sign up (which is very expensive to get for them), they have the right to report you to the police.
Now whether it's their habit to do that if the "Umtriebsentschädigung" is not paid or not differs from firm to firm.
So you can wait for the official fine from the police, if you want to.