View Single Post
Old 29.06.2020, 18:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 175 Times in 114 Posts
Thanked 8,283 Times in 2,807 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are we being bad neighbors?

Quote:
View Post
Luckily the only time we have problems with smoking is if someone walks past out from windows on the street side which is just above street level, it briefly wafts in.

Unfortunately at the moment the residents on the corner of the building including us have to close the windows at 4pm. We have allotments nearby and someone is lighting a huge firepit type bbq every afternoon, it's burning wood chips so smells a lot, reminds me of people smoking fish in sheds back in Scotland. Apparently we can't complain as it's outdoors, but the affected flats are getting a bit fed up. The girl next door to me has to come in from her balcony and close it up as soon as it gets going and I've taken to burning lavender tea lights every evening. We're the only flat in the building with no balcony because of the building design.
Actually, you are not allowed to produce excessive smoke and any fire that is still smoking 15 minutes after it has been lit needs to be put out as it is considered a smouldering fire. At least those are the regulations in canton Zurich, it is entirely possible that Basel has a different view.
The following 2 users would like to thank Kittster for this useful post: