View Single Post
Old 30.06.2020, 13:25
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
giannisdoe has no particular reputation at present
Damages incurred by window cleaning company

Hi everyone,

looking for some guidance as this is the first time such thing has happened to me in Switzerland.
I own an apartment and hired a company to clean my windows and motorized blinds since I am on the first floor and the windows are only reachable from the outside with a ladder. Small and probably insignificant detail is that the company reached out to me making me an offer and I accepted it, I didn0t actually reach out to them.
To cut a long story short, the employees of the company came to clean, did in general a rather louzy cleaning and on top of this damaged one of the blinds i.e. they cut one of the 3 tapes that bring the stores up/down resulting in them being skewed now..
I noticed the damage when the employees where still there and when I asked them about it they claimed "it was like this from the beginning". This is what they also told the owner of the company later, so they refuse to take responsibility...
What are my options here?
First of all I havent paid them yet and I am not intending to till this is resolved i.e. either in the best case they fix it using their insurance or in the worse case I fix it and I just pay them the difference fixing cost - cleaning cost (if any).

Is there a state consumer protection agency that I can refer to for advise in the matter? Any other suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks a lot