View Single Post
Old 04.07.2020, 20:34
arimi arimi is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 31
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
arimi has no particular reputation at present
French Civil Partnership (PACS) for UK nationals

Did a quick search but didn't seem to find any relevant thread, so I thought I'd just start one

My French boyfriend and I both live in Switzerland, and are planning to enter into the French civil partnership (pacte civil de solidarité/ P.A.C.S) at the French consulate in Geneva. To complete our application, I must provide a "certificat de coutume" (certificate of custom/ law) from the British Embassy that certifies I'm of age, unmarried and legally capable of signing the contract.

I'm not quite sure if the British Embassy in Bern provides such a document. Has any Brit here gone through the same procedures to get pacsed with a French partner? How may I request for this "certificat de coutume" here in Switzerland?

I have also seen that the British Embassy in Paris provides it. May I apply through them?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote