View Single Post
Old 05.07.2020, 18:03
Modulo 2

Groaned at 256 Times in 224 Posts
Thanked 21,071 Times in 8,558 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: French Civil Partnership (PACS) for UK nationals

Quote:
View Post
I'm not quite sure if the British Embassy in Bern provides such a document.
Just call them. My daughters need an attestation from the embassy in order for their Swiss citizenship application to proceed. The embassy was very helpful.

Quote:
View Post
I also can't be bothered with the "I don't need a bit of paper to show I love someone" brigade. I like having the bit of paper
I knew a couple about 25 years ago who didn't get married for that reason. But they had a mortgage together... which is a bit of paper.

Quote:
View Post
Think you're wrong on that. Never heard of anyone needing to do a civil and church wedding in the UK or US. Church weddings are legit even without the registry office being involved. Of course you have to register the marriage, but that's done in an office at the church after the wedding ceremony.
That's now. Back when I got married (UK), the registrar came to our wedding and we signed at the office of the church. But if we'd wanted to get married at a country house - as people do often nowadays - that could not be legally recognised. You had to have the civil ceremony at the registry office.