View Single Post
Old 07.07.2020, 23:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,576 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Redeemed company car - import duties

Quote:
View Post
Is it? My company car was on the company’s name. What kind of proof would they then accept that it was yours? Always thought it was ownership rather tgan using it
Here from Swiss Customs directly:

Quote:
My car has been used by me for more than six (6) months but the papers of the vehicle are in the name of my father/ mother/ employer. How do I proceed?

In addition to the documents belonging to the vehicle a declaration from the person/company shown in the documents has to be submitted. It must be clear which person(s), from when and for what reason the vehicle was used by the person(s) other than those mentioned in the documents belonging to the vehicle.

My vehicle is leased. Does that influence the customs formalities?

No, customs formalities do not take account of the fact that the vehicle is leased but the number plate change may be affected. For more information, please enquire at the Road Traffic Office in your canton of domicile.
https://www.ezv.admin.ch/ezv/en/home...val-goods.html
This user would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post: