View Single Post
Old 10.07.2020, 18:18

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
willmisssurfing has no particular reputation at present
Young family. MUC>SFO>LHR>ZRH

Hi EF,

What a great site. I've been reading threads on EF for maybe 9 months now, and it's so wonderful to see all of you contributing knowledge, tips, stories, etc. Even the snark/sarcasm amidst the genuine responses seems to come from a place of good intent... EF is one of the more healthy, wholesome places on the Internet, IMHO.

Right, so...

We are a family with young kids. A 3-yr-old, a 1-yr-old, and one more on the way. Wife is German, I'm American.

As most folks, we're still piecing together where we should live... office will be at Zurich HB. We're using a combination of this forum, commute-time planners, and friends' recommendations to find a place. We've downloaded every apartment app imaginable. Same desires as most people... other young families, playgrounds, good schools, walkable, hopefully a tiny bit less dense than where we currently live, maybe bikeable (1hr or less) to Zurich HB...

My wife's [German] degree is in early childhood education, but wants to be SAHM until kids are in school. We have "nearby" family in rural southern Germany.

We love hiking, cycling, [XC/downhill] skiing, sledding, kiteboarding... seems like CH will be a fun home (though must confess that we haven't done much of the above in the past year after kiddo #2 came along).

We'd be glad to meet other folks who don't mind hanging out with loud-ish (but polite!) kids or have their own Love grilling, mixing drinks (well... not for the past few months), and drinking coffees, and hopefully we'll find some neighbors who want to join in

Glad to be part of your gemeinde!