View Single Post
Old 13.07.2020, 22:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 113 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 5,581 Times in 2,157 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Around Konstanz - attractions

Little update for anybody interested. The area up there is lovely.. I highly recommend it. We stayed just outside Markdorf. Masks obligatory everywhere indoors, 100% compliance.

Border crossings -- Easy, no checks either way.. On the way there we took the ferry to Meersburg - Was a bit of a scramble since it's cash only! Way back via Schaffhausen.

Affenburg - Ok, good to see the storks and monkeys .. But it's just a couple of hours if you take lunch there, the actual bit with the monkeys is pretty small and you can't sit in there with a picnic for example, 15 mins walk around and you're out.

Lindau is nice, get there early, we got parked right on the island at 9.30, when we left at 14.00 the cars were queued way back over the bridge for a couple of kms. Nice buildings, nice little shops etc, spectacular lake front.

Ravenspurger speilpark .. Overpriced and my kids found it too young for them.. Half of it was shut because of CoVid but still cost 137eur for us four. Had to wear masks on all of the rides, even individual rides or rides with just my two kids together, overkill ..

We didn't do much more, went to a few towns, picked cherries and apples. Fancied a ride in a GoodYear blimp but at 475eur per person for 30 minutes, screw that.. We plan to go back before the end of summer and do more.
The following 3 users would like to thank John_H for this useful post: