View Single Post
Old 20.07.2020, 08:24
Forum Legend

Groaned at 100 Times in 65 Posts
Thanked 6,681 Times in 3,027 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Options/Paths To Permanent Residency and Citizenship for a USA citizen

Quote:
View Post
Given that information, my start-up company currently has around 10 employees. If I were to hire Swiss citizens instead of segments of my current enrollment, would that change anything for example to provide value to Switzerland?

Alternatively, is there anything to do with marriage with Swiss citizens that changes the situation by chance?
If you are married to a Swiss citizen, you can live here as long as they can afford to support you. Would make it easier. But if you are working and have serious savings, you should get permission anyway. Beware, Switzerland tax’s wealth. Not just income, so you’d want to choose a low tax canton. You’ll still have to pay tax in the US too.

If you are not married to a Swiss citizen, you can apply for permanent residence after 5 years in CH. If married to a Swiss citizen, you can apply for citizenship after 3 years marriage, 5 years in CH. if you are married to a Swiss cit already, you are able to appl for citizenship after 6 years of marriage.