View Single Post
Old 21.07.2020, 04:46
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,246 Times in 828 Posts
Thanked 19,610 Times in 7,575 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's with all the Red kites?

I love the fact I see so many birds of prey in CH and i have often wondered at the large groups of kites I've seen. A couple of years ago on the outskirts of Zürich I saw around 30+ kites circling a field and I was like "wtf how is that possible", but there must be enough food to support them so it's fine by me as it keeps the rodents down and the dastardly Crows in check. I often see Kites and Crows having mid-air tussles and next to where I work.

Sadly before the lockdown I also saw a mature adult kite get run over by a car near Adliswil. They are hardly small birds so I don't know how a car didn't see it. As I was walking up to it I saw its mate standing at the side of the road trying to figure out what was going on, the nflew off when it realised it was hopeless. I ran over the road with a stick to push its body to the side and give it some dignity.

Raptors are such amazing and majestic animals, the lions of the sky.