View Single Post
Old 21.07.2020, 22:33
Forum Legend

Groaned at 250 Times in 176 Posts
Thanked 8,971 Times in 3,386 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
The thing is if you ignore them, you won't know.

It's very easy to do.
Yeah, but I'm not sure how much conscious control we really have over what information our brains choose to process. For example, if you see an ad pop up, you can choose to ignore it but you first had to acknowledge its existence and process some of its content in order to tell yourself to ignore it -- to know that it's something you wanted to ignore.

Anyways... I had once taken a roughly five-year long break from the EF because I was so tired of the constant arguing, etc., and I am feeling reminded again of why I had done that. I think there are just more productive and much more peaceful ways to spend my time. I had started to become active on the EF again last March or so in order to try to keep up to date with the virus situation here in CH. And there are some lovely people here and people who help keep me informed and who make me laugh, etc. But I think it's time I try to re-evaluate whether or not the arguing, etc. really is worth it. It seems like one can rarely leave a comment here without it being either blown up into something much bigger or being taken out of context. Maybe if we were all face-to-face instead of behind computer screens then we would all treat each other a bit more respectfully.
This user would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post: