View Single Post
Old 22.07.2020, 09:08
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,879 Times in 7,658 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Yeah, but I'm not sure how much conscious control we really have over what information our brains choose to process. For example, if you see an ad pop up, you can choose to ignore it but you first had to acknowledge its existence and process some of its content in order to tell yourself to ignore it -- to know that it's something you wanted to ignore.
Once you get to "know" the way some people think and why (or at least as much they let it revealed here), it is much easier to ignore certain users with whom you don't see eye to eye, though it could be fun to challenge them from time to time. (no, not recommended despite being very tempting)

There are people and...people in this world and our time is too limited to even try getting along with everyone. Or conversing with them, or engaging on some level. Especially on online fora but also in real life, when you don't have to. We have a lot more control than we like to think. And humour! I'd quote my eldest one when she's confronted with silly things kids say "This is just stupid." And that's it, she resumes her games with or without people that annoy her. Seriously, we can learn a thing or two from our children.
Btw, the ignore list function is really helpful. No, we can't put everyone we would like to on that list but those are only a few people anyway. If you think the forum is an ugly place, well, I can't argue with that. It can be, so taking a break from time to time makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
View Post
Hey Pancakes,

I like your posts and learn from them. Don't stop posting, just pick and choose your battles. War of the words aren't won on the net.

Sending you some green blobbies to let you know you're appreciated....
Totally agree!

Last edited by greenmount; 22.07.2020 at 09:27.
The following 3 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: