View Single Post
Old 22.07.2020, 11:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 240 Times in 203 Posts
Thanked 23,248 Times in 9,883 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Anyways... I had once taken a roughly five-year long break from the EF because I was so tired of the constant arguing, etc., and I am feeling reminded again of why I had done that. I think there are just more productive and much more peaceful ways to spend my time. I had started to become active on the EF again last March or so in order to try to keep up to date with the virus situation here in CH. And there are some lovely people here and people who help keep me informed and who make me laugh, etc. But I think it's time I try to re-evaluate whether or not the arguing, etc. really is worth it. It seems like one can rarely leave a comment here without it being either blown up into something much bigger or being taken out of context. Maybe if we were all face-to-face instead of behind computer screens then we would all treat each other a bit more respectfully.
It seems to me that you are actively seeking out arguments and controversy and jumping into the middle of it whenever you can, but are taking offence when some of that argumentative passion comes back at you.

If you are going to be dishing it out you also need to be able to take it on the chin.
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
This user groans at amogles for this post: