View Single Post
Old 23.07.2020, 19:22

Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
squeezethecroc has a reputation beyond reputesqueezethecroc has a reputation beyond reputesqueezethecroc has a reputation beyond reputesqueezethecroc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hand out the key by friend, need for power of attorney

Quote:
View Post
Write it out and sign it and notarize it at your local commune, cost is CHF 20 or so.
(important not to sign ahead of time)
You don't need to have a simple power of attorney notarized by anybody. Your signature is sufficient. Just state clearly what you expect your friend to do for you and when and your friend's name and address. Oh, and by the way, make sure your friend takes some valid ID with him/her.

You only need to notarize power of attorney if you want to give somebody else access to your accounts or when buying or selling property etc, in which case you'd need a different template.
I don't know if you're fluent in French. If not, you can download the Italian version so you fully understand what you're signing.

https://www.cap.ch/it/clienti-privat...o/procura.html
it's called Procura Speciale in Italian.

I'd send one copy to your landlord/agent ahead of time, with a covering letter, and I'd give your friend another copy (both copies dated and signed individually, so that they're both originals). That should dot the i's and cross the t's.

Last edited by squeezethecroc; 23.07.2020 at 19:24. Reason: extra info