View Single Post
Old 29.07.2020, 14:44
Forum Legend

Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 26,264 Times in 11,001 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Package from Post stolen! Any advice?

I would talk to Orell Füssli. I think they have an insurance against things getting lost in the post. Unless they can prove the item was actually placed in your letter box, they are liable for it.

If they can prove it was placed in your letterbox, then it's your problem if somebody stole it out of your letterbox. Maybe your Hausratversicherung is the place to go next.

I once had an item stolen from my letterbox many years ago. It's value was about 200CHF and I specifically asked for and payed for it to be sent registered but they ignored that instruction. They thus had to replace it at their cost, which they eventually did. But it took a lot of irate phone calls and dragging of feet and threats of involving a lawyer.

This is one of the reasons I now generally have parcels delivered to my work address.
The following 2 users would like to thank amogles for this useful post: